Nominations and Applications for the 2023 Magnolia State School Counselor of the Year will be open March 1st - April 30th. During this time you can create a profile on the SCOY site and either nominate a worthy school counselor for the honor OR complete the application for yourself.
In order to qualify to be the Magnolia State School Counselor of the Year 2023, you must:
- Be employed as a full-time, practicing school counselor and have completed at least three years as a practicing school counselor.
- Hold a master's degree in guidance and counseling or equivalent and be licensed as a school counselor .
- Be a Magnolia State School Counselor Association professional member.
The Magnolia State SCOY will be selected by an independent panel of education professionals based on the following criteria:
- The applicant must demonstrate evidence of implementation of a comprehensive, data-driven school counseling program (such as the ASCA National Model®) and have been responsible for school counseling innovations or further development of programs supporting students' career, personal/social and academic development.
- The applicant must demonstrate leadership and collaboration in his or her work and promote equity and access to opportunities and rigorous educational experiences for all students to maximize student achievement. Applicants must also demonstrate collaboration with stakeholders. The activities or accomplishments recognized must have taken place within the previous five years.
- The applicant must demonstrate continual professional development as well as proof of advocacy for the profession and/or students.
- The applicant must have the ability and skills necessary to represent the school counseling profession in a professional manner, including but not limited to high-quality written communication and presentation skills.
- The applicant should maintain the highest standards of personal conduct and recognize that his/her personal conduct is held up to public scrutiny. Applicants strive to be model citizens of their community as well as the school counseling community and their broader professional community. They maintain high moral standards in their personal and professional conduct.
To nominate or apply, please visit: https://magnolia.schoolcounselorawards.org/scoy/
Questions can be directed to Nominations and Elections chair, Crystal Brewer, at firstname.lastname@example.org